Saturday, September 27, 2008

Rain, rain go away...

This weekend has been extremely rainy. O's soccer was canceled this morning, but S's was still on. I talked to another mom and she said that they had other games in the pouring rain this afternoon...and these are 6 year olds! Yikes! Anyway...

We finished our movie Herbie this morning, because it wasn't over by bedtime last night. We had a pancake breakfast, and headed to the doctor.

The boys did great with their flu shots! There was one dad there who was extremely outspoken talking to other parents about how horrible a local private preschool-middle school was and how they were kicked out of it. He said it was because his grandmother was dying so they had people who weren't on their pick up list pick the kids up, but I'm sure that there was a lot more to that story. There were 2 other dads there who were saying that they had good experiences there and were trying to defend the school. Then the outspoken dad started to try and scare his daughter who was in 5th or 6th grade by telling her that the needle is going to be huge and going to really hurt! O (who I didn't even tell we were getting shots) looked at me with fear in his eyes. I looked at the dad and told him that his child wasn't the only one in the room and he needed to stop because he was scaring other children. Other parents looked pleased that I said something. What a jerk!
I was very relieved when our name was called and we could get away from that guy. The boys walked right in and like I said, they did great! Not a tear from either of them!

We headed to the mall so I could pick up something. We bought a gift my friend Bryan. He loves gnomes and the Jets (poor football judgement, I know!) and they sell gnomes for all the different football teams! I had to get it for him!

We delivered the gift to Bryan, and invited him and his roommates to come to lunch with us. We went to Chick-fil-a. It was nice to hang out with some of my friends, and also let the boys get some energy out in the play place.

In the car on the way to Chick-fil and I had this conversation

S: "Miss Erin do you think that all the cars in the world are like God's toy cars?"
E: Maybe, so do you think that God is making the car move, not me.
S: Well, you are making it move, but God likes to watch all his little cars go everywhere.

SO CUTE!

We came home for a much needed by all rest time. When the boys got up S went to run some energy out of Tucker and then we baked cookies.

The boys put on their Notre Dame jerseys and we watched the Notre Dame/Purdue Game (GO IRISH)...and played some football.
We had some dinner and then got ready for S's soccer game...luckily the rain stopped for the game. Spencer had an assist! He kicked a corner kick and Brian kicked it in! yay!!

As soon as we got home it started raining. The boys went right up for showers and bed! I haven't heard a peep out of them since I closed their doors. It was a long day...but fun.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a good babysitter! A perfect mix of fun, obligations, and rest. Can you be in charge of my life?

    ReplyDelete