Friday, September 26, 2008

Adventures with S and O

This weekend I'm playing "Mom" to S and O. I have been with this family for almost 6 years now, and they have become my second family. I got here last night and I'm taking care of the boys until Sunday afternoon. We always have a lot of fun together, and we already have...

This morning I took the boys to school and then had a few hours to myself, which was nice. I picked the boys up from school, it was a half day! We headed to Qdoba to meet up with some friends. Friday lunches at Qdoba have become a regular for us...I bring O (S if he has a half day) and several of my other friends with kids come. Its a blast! Its actually been about 2 years that we have been doing this. There have been weeks where its like a 3 ring circus with all the kids...but we're laughing the whole time! Here are some pictures from our lunch...

Today we had 5 adults and 9 kids! Now that the kids have gotten bigger we were able to have the kids at one end of the table and the adults at the other. We were actually able to have adult conversation!

We came home and played with Tucker for a while...had some down time reading books. I asked the boys to clean up the play room. After a few minutes I heard:
S: O, You finish cleaning the playroom while I think about how to build a great train track!
O: Ok
Me: S! You both need to clean the playroom, not just O.
S: But Miss Erin I was just bargaining!
Me: (Trying not to laugh) Well there's no bargaining about this, you both need to clean.

Another cute conversation this afternoon...O and I bring my friend Mary a drink from Starbucks on Friday mornings. Now O is in school he can't go with me. Today as we were driving to Qdoba we passed Mary's work and we had this conversation:

O: Oh no! We didn't bring Miss Mary her special drink!
Me: Don't worry, I brought her one
O: Whew! That could've been a disaster!!


I love conversations with kids!

Christopher, Hannah, and Amy came over this afternoon. We had a mini movie and pizza night where we watched Diego and had dinner. They boys had fun playing together, and Hannah was adorable as usual! Once all the boys were done eating she would get down and play (she was more interested in the trains than Diego) and then come running back over "Don't eat my pizza Mommy! Don't eat my pizza Miss Erin!" She was very territorial about her food! Sadly she didn't have to worry about us eating her pizza...Tucker took care of that!


Once Christopher, Hannah, and Amy left the boys and I got into our PJs, popped some popcorn and watch Herbie!

It was a great day! Tomorrow its soccer and flu shots!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you SO much for not posting the video of me dancing to Diego.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...I was tempted to...but more for the kids dancing than you. I decided I valued my friendship with you more than the video :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I really, REALLY REALLY want to see that video. Cute post, cuter kids :)

    ReplyDelete