Monday, May 11, 2009

The Road to Brussels...

That's right! I'm heading to Brussels this summer!!! I've mentioned my friends the Doyles to you, that I met at Connect in Hungary two years ago. Well this summer I'm traveling back over to Europe with 5 others for Serve the City Brussels. Serve the City is all about serving people in need in practical ways. Every need has a name, and every name has a story. Serve the City wants to know people by their names and stories rather than by their needs.




June 25th I will board a plane with Andrea, Trevin, Robyn, John, and Chad and head to Brussels to serve until July 8th. We are hoping to learn and experience STC and bring it home with us to replicate it within our surrounding communities.

To tackle the high cost of this trip we are doing several fundraisers. Andrea and I did some yard work for money. We learned how to thatch a yard. It was hard work, but we had a lot of fun!!
 
The lawn bags were HUGE!

I had some trouble getting out of the bag! 

All our hard work!

Please pray with me for our trip. Pray for unity among the 6 of us, for safety in our travels, for our fundraising, and for the people who we will be serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment