Monday, January 5, 2009

Social Pressure??

Today was my first day back to work since the holidays. I really enjoyed my week and a half off, though I didn't accomplish everything I was hoping to. I am a planner, so usually I have in my mind a plan for what my day will look like. I realize that it will probably not turn out exactly as planned, and I'm ok with that, but its nice to have an idea for the day. I realized during my time off that I allow the extrovert part of my life take over too often!

This week I had 2 tasks that I wanted to accomplish, but neither of them were done. Its because almost every morning last week I received a call or text from a friend saying "Hey! We're doing _________ and meeting at ______. Would you like to join us?" Since I'm an extrovert and love my friends, I tell myself I can work on what I had planned when I get home, and I'm off to hang out with friends!

I take full blame of this "problem." If you are one of my friends that calls or texts me something fun to do, please do not think that I want you to stop, or I'm in anyway upset that you do that! I am flattered! This is just a realization that I am making about myself. I have always had trouble saying no to things, especially good things! I haven't fully thought through how to "fix this" and frankly I don't know if it needs to be fixed. I do have one night a week that I call my "Me" night. I stay home and take some time for myself and just relax or catch up on things. It takes a lot for me to give up my "Me" night.

Something that I am proud of is that though I didn't get things done that I wanted to this week, I didn't miss a day of working out or of reading my Bible! At least some of my priorities are straight! :)

1 comment: