Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 random things about me...

So on facebook I was tagged at least 7 times to share 25 things about myself...so here we go:

1. I love to cook...and have been doing it a lot lately

2. The first CD I ever owned was Kris Kross

3. My brother and I used to put on shows whenever extended family or our parents friends came over. We would have a stage (a coffee table we were allowed to dance on), costumes, and tickets!

4. I love children's literature...it was my favorite class in college.

5. I flossed my nasal passages at Young Life camp in High School

6. I was a dancer from the time I was 4 until I was 18.

7. I was the youngest dance teacher at my studio...I was only 17.

8. I have been to 9 countries so far in my life...and there are so many more I want to go to!

9. 2 things in life that I want more than ever: to be a wife and a mother.

10. A dream of mine is to one day own A Children's Bookstore with a juice bar. I would run Children's Programs and tutoring there.

11. I have a hard time saying no...though I am learning! Someone even bought me a mug saying "Stop volunteering for things."

12. I got my degree in Elementary Education at Messiah College. I haven't taught a day since.

13. I have some truly amazing friends.

14. Jesus became my Lord and Savior when I was in high school at a Lake Champion, a Young Life Camp.

15. I am very thankful that I am close to my brother, even though we are polar opposites in basically everything in life!

16. I had my back stapled shut when I was about 9. I still have a scar down my back from it.

17. I DISPISE pickles. The smell, taste....EVERYTHING about them...BLECH!

18. I LOVE football...especially my Baltimore Ravens!

19. My heart has fallen in love with Europe...and my heart breaks for its spiritual darkness there.

20. I love it when people play with my hair

21. I enjoy surprises (good ones). My friends in college got me twice with surprise parties for my birthday :)

22. I love photography and wish I knew more about it

23. I'm a horrible liar

24. I'm a list maker...I make lists for everything! Must be my arranger strength...and the maximizer in me (to make sure I didn't miss anything)

25. Though I have never been drunk (don't ever plan to be), and don't drink that often...my friends like to store their alcohol at my place and/or ask me to bring alcohol to hang out times!

3 comments:

  1. Nice list!

    I will visit your juice bar.

    Thanks for storing my alcohol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm... please explain the context of "flossing your nasal passages"?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA! I sniffed dental floss so hard up my nose that it would come down my throat. Then I could gently pull it out my mouth. My leader taught me to do it...but I haven't done it since. I've seen people do it with spaghetti too!

    ReplyDelete