Friday, January 23, 2009

Resolution Update...

Well, its been almost a month since the New Year started. I posted some goals that I have for this year, and a way to have some accountability I will post periodically how I'm doing with them.

1. Spiritual Health - I've been reading the Bible everyday...well I think I missed one, but I've caught up :) Being in the Word is great, but I'd like to have some more depth to it. I've been reading it more as something to check off my list. I will admit that its gotten better now that we're finished with Job!!
I have been praying a lot more throughout the day, which has helped with my attitude.

2. Physical Health - I love the Wii Fit! I decided that Sunday is my day off from working out. I have missed 3 days. One of those days was when I was going to Florida (I worked out while I was down there), one I wasn't feeling well, and the other I over slept. I'm definitely seeing results...I've lost weight! Yay! I would like to have more of a balance of going to the gym and the Wii Fit. The cold weather is really making it hard to be motivated to go to the gym so I've just been doing the Wii Fit.

3. Healthy Schedule - This is the area that I'm struggling with the most. I get sidetracked too easily or sucked into a show that I'm watching that I stay up later than I want to. I'm going to strive to be better at this.

4. Eat Healthier - Ive been doing well with my eating. Like I posted before I don't want to be a fanatic about it, but when I go somewhere I try to make a healthy decision (like a grilled chick-fil-a sandwich instead of the fried one). I have been eating oatmeal and fruit for breakfast, and packing a sandwich or leftovers and fruit for lunch. Obviously I'm doing something right here since I've lost weight :)

All and all I'm trying to be better and seeing definite results is probably the best motivator! I'll update you again in about a month!

7 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the Bible reading. I read Amy's blog the first day, but it reminded me too much of college, when I had to read for a class (bible class) and I just wasn't really paying close enough attention. Of course, it's worse when you're going to have a test on it! EEK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonight I decided that I'm going to read the questions from Search The Scripture that goes along with what I'm reading. Hopefully that will help stimulate something :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, Erin! Balance is everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Erin! Sounds like things are going well in all areas and you already have plans for how to improve things that are so-so...I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the grilled chicken sandwich from Chic-Fil-A! Did you know that it's only 260 calories?? Not bad for fast food!

    Annnnd now I'm craving one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the encouragement!!

    AmyB - I would send you one now if I could! It has less calories and fat than all their salads!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!! I'm VERY proud of you for working out. I would love to be as consistent as you've been!

    ReplyDelete