Wednesday, July 23, 2008

We are here in Vienna!

Hello! We have finally made it to Vienna!!! Our flight was delayed 2 and a half hours...and we were on the plane the entire time! The plane lost power twice and then they had to replace the radio.

After a long flight with no sleep for me we made it to Frankfurt, Germany where we were supposed to make our connection to Vienna...but we missed it. They put us on the next flight...and it was very turbulant! Luckily I fell asleep before that flight took off and woke up when we landed...it was only an hour though.

We got to Vienna but poor Keely is missing both her personal bag and her team bag, and Kevin is missing his guitar. I got stopped in customs for a random search, and my bag was definitely search by TSA. I guess I have a target on me this trip!

Emilie and Sven made it here...they were in London and Portugal and met us here. We took a trip to the grocery store around the corner from the hostel where we're staying. We bought lunch meat and snacks for late lunch. After that we walked to the Promenade, an outdoor mall, in the pouring down rain. It was a lot of fun!

Tomorrow we will go further into the city and see more sites. There is talk about maybe going to Marie Theresa summer palace again, which I would love to see again. I'm hoping to see the Parlament, but we'll see what the circumstances allow!

There have been minor bumps along the road...but so far so good! This is a great team and I'm excited to see what God continues to do!

Off for some games with the kids then BEDTIME!!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! So glad you made it there in one piece :)

    Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come back soon, I miss you!!! I'll send you a message on Facebook and update you on life!!

    ReplyDelete