Monday, July 21, 2008


I have been described as manic for what I'm about to embark this summer. Taking two mission trips overseas back to back...yeah...I think manic is about right!
A team of 16 of us are headed to Yaounde, Cameroon, which is off the west coast of Africa. Our church supports G and W Naines, who are full time missionaries through Navigators in Cameroon. They are having their national Navigators staff conference in the beginning of August. The wives have always had to stay home and take care of the kids, but we are going to serve the families and take care of the kids so the wives can be with their husbands. Like in Hungary, our team has put together a kids program, but this team decided on the theme of Godly Superheros! We have a skit, games, stories, crafts, and more all planned for the kids. I am amazed by what this team has put together. There are so many different parts and personalities on the team, but we all balance one another out!

Three students are just as manic as I am, and are going on both trips with me. I'm really excited to see what God will do. Also, to be doing almost the exact same thing in two completely different cultures will be fun to see and compare. I've never been to Africa before, and just going there is going to stretch me. I have a real sense that I'm going to come back from this adventure completely changed...I hope and pray that its true!

1 comment: