Monday, July 14, 2008

Oh what to do...

So a week from tomorrow I leave for my 26 day adventure (I promise I will post about that soon)...if you don't know me, then I need to tell you that I LOVE pictures and photography. Last summer I went to Hungary (same place I'm going this year) and took over 1500 pictures in less than 2 weeks.

I find myself faced with a hard decision because my amazing, favorite, $500 lens was broken last year (we won't get into details about that) so I'm thinking that I might want to buy a new one for this year...or a new flash. Either will be a great investment...but note the word investment. Its not a word that you use to talk about $5...its something you use when you are talking about a lot of money. Unfortunately I have decided on having an expensive hobby.

I have asked for wisdom from an acquaintance who is a professional photographer. She was great help, but is making the investment even larger than I originally planned. So we shall see...

So what to do? What to do? (If you have any words of wisdom on this I would LOVE to hear them!)

3 comments:

  1. Do it. Do it. Do it.

    Do what you love, spend on what you love. It's worth it. There are only a few years in life that you can spend selfishly, and it be OKAY. You don't have to worry about a household of finances, so spend something on you! And plus, aren't going to go to Hungary to help other people? So don't you deserve a wittle present for yourself?

    ...and that, Erin, is how I leave DSW with 5 pairs of shoes.

    But hey, it's true, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are my recommended steps.

    1. Call the person that broke your $500 lens.
    2. Remind said person that he broke your lens.
    3. Demand that he buy you a new one.
    4. Don't cry when he refuses.
    5. Punch him in the face.
    6. Buy the lens.

    ReplyDelete