Wednesday, July 30, 2008

So much to process!

Things have been going well here. The kids are all having a blast. The parents are very grateful for everything we're doing. We are all tired, and running low on energy...please pray for strength! We still have no power on our floor in the hotel...but things could definitely be worse!

I have had some really neat conversations with different missionaries, especially my friends from Brussels. I have learned a lot more about the mission field. I have also had a great time getting to know some of the kids on our team on a deeper level. Today I had lunch with a recruiter for CA...it was very enlightening! We will see where the road takes me, but my heart feels somewhat at home here. Who knows. I could definitely use some prayer for that.

Alan and Deb Hirsch are here. They came and spoke to our team the other night, which was really neat. I had the opportunity to go to one of the sessions this afternoon that Alan spoke on Hebraic Spirituality...the concept of not separating your life as sacred part and secular part but blending it all together...really cool.

This morning was awesome. Andrew was baptized! It was open for the entire conference to come and see. When one of the 10 year old kids heard that there was going to be a baptism he told his parents that he wanted to be baptized too, which is so special. We ended up having 3 baptisms today and ended with everyone singing He is Exalted.

As you can see I have been soaking in a lot, and learning a ton! I feel that I will need a whole week just to process things I've learned from here...not to mention what's to come in Cameroon!

No comments:

Post a Comment