Sunday, July 13, 2008

Laughter



They say that laughter is the best medicine...and I think I agree! Not that I needed medicine last night, but I honestly can't remember the last time I laughed that hard.

Last night my friends got married. It was a long awaited (they dated for 6 years) and wonderful event. The bride was beautiful, the wedding was great. The reception was outside with white Christmas lights, candles, and even the neighborhood across the street had fireworks. Absolutely amazing!

With that said...there were many "memories" (as I like to call them) made. I started typing the whole elaborate story of each event, but this post would be forever long, so you get the shortened version. Someone forgot to light the unity candles, so during a prayer in the ceremony one of the groomsmen quickly goes to light the candles, but lights the MIDDLE ONE...the one the bride and groom are supposed to light! He quickly blew the candle out and lit the correct ones. I helped set up the beautiful dessert reception after the ceremony. Two of the 3 tier gold cardboard cookie trays collapsed while people were taking them to the tables, and sent cookies FLYING! Someone was trying to place her cookie tray at a table, tripped and knocked all the drinks over on the table. There were 2 chocolate fountains, as someone was pouring the melted chocolate into the fountain the wind picked up and blew chocolate everywhere. To try and block the wind they brought out a divider that blew over and knocked the entire fountain off the table! All of these received a good hearty laugh.

As the bride and groom were leaving my friend Amy and I went walking around the "getaway car" to observe the new decorations. Many inappropriate but very funny comments about sex were written all over the windows. The best was on the bumper it said "Bump Her" Amy and I laughed as we walked into the parking lot, to the car and drove all the way home...10 miles. We tried on many occasions to stop laughing, but the more we tried to stop the more we laughed. The whole way home I was trying not to wet myself! As I pulled into Amy's driveway I ran to her door and tried to unlock it. I was jumping up and down because I had to pee so bad and still laughing but could not get the door unlocked. Amy walked up and just opened the door, it wasn't even locked! We both doubled over in even more laughter crossing our legs so we wouldn't wet ourselves. The babysitter came in and looked at us like we were insane. Needless to say, a lot of fun was had at the wedding, and more laughs that I can't even remember happened.

Its great to have good friends that you can laugh at everything and nothing with! :)

2 comments: