Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankfulness

Today I turned on the Detroit football game in time to her the National Anthem. I stood there and tears streamed down my face as I thought about what that Anthem means. To think about how I'm free because of the men and women that fight for it...my loved ones...and others loved ones. How thankful I am to those who sacfrice their lives so we can live in freedom.

As I reflect on other things I am thankful for a long list came to mind including:

- A loving God and Savior who gave His life for me, and loves me exactly the way I am

- My father. He has always been there for me and has always supported me in whatever it is I'm doing even if he doesn't understand it. As long as I'm happy, he is happy for me.

- My brother. We are extremely different, but I am glad that we are so close.

- My mom. She has taught me a lot about how to be a strong woman.

- Wii. I know you are thinking this is strange, but it is something that my mom and I have a lot of fun doing together, and I like having fun with my mom.

- My friends. I have amazing friends and I couldn't imagine my life without them. Some of them I can't even imagine going 1 day without texting or talking to them! They are the ones I can cry with, laugh with, and they aren't afraid to kick my butt when I need it!  

- S and O's family. They have become family to me, helping me through some rough times and celebrating with me in the good times.

- My job. I love that I have the privledge to work with high school students, and I love my boss. I have known him since I was in high school, I have a lot of respect for him, and he has taught me so much

I know that there are many many more things for me to be thankful for...but this is the beginning of the list.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for you too. More than I know how to say.

    PS. Your new layout looks AMAZING!! Great header choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with both these things. I love you!

    ReplyDelete