Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Quirkiness...

Amy tagged me to list 7 quirky things about myself.

Here we go...

1. I hate am repulsed by pickles. The smell, the taste, EVERYTHING about them is disgusting! Mary gave me the best shirt ever for my birthday...it says "Pickles...cucumbers soaked in evil." SO TRUE!

2. I say "Bless You" when people burp. It just comes naturally, like when people sneeze. I still say bless you to people who sneeze. I never knew where this came from until one day I was with my dad and brother. Someone burped and my dad said "Bless You" so I guess this is a hereditary quirk :)

3. When I'm eating M&Ms or another candy that has multiple colors I like to eat the colors evenly. I will eat the stragglers first, and then I will eat the other colors evenly until they are all gone.

4. I am a perfectionist, sometimes to a fault. I am no where near perfect, but when I am doing something I try for perfection. An example is when preparing for a retreat, if someone adds or drops last minute I cannot just write their name on the list or cross them out, I need to reprint the entire list(s). I need to clear my desk before I leave work each day. Also if possible, I want to do everything right the first time I do it. If someone else knows better than I, I will ask many questions until I fully understand how to do it; even if its silly things that don't really matter.

5. I have always been a picky eater since I was young. I am leaps and bounds above where I used to be. I have mastered eating around things that I don't like...like tomatoes or peppers.

6. I have to put lotion on my feet before I go to bed. If I don't it will take me longer to fall asleep, or I will wake up in the middle of the night because my feet are really dry.

7. There is one word I literally shiver at whenever I hear it. The word disgusts me and I blame on the awkward girl that lived next door to me my freshman year of college. We had a community bathroom for the floor and I had just gotten out of the shower. I was walking back to my room in my towel when she walked up to me and said "Well, aren't you looking rather moist today?!" WHO IN THE WORLD SAYS THAT! Apparently she does...but still...EWWWWWW! Anyway, if you didn't guess it, the word is moist. Ugh...I shuddered just typing it!

It took me a while to come up with these...but I know that there have to be many more...let me know if you think of anymore quirks of mine! When S and O were asked to say a quirk of mine they said "Sometimes her hair is straight and sometimes its curly." haha

I tag Mary and Terry...I'm sure both of them can list more than 7...especially Mary! :)

6 comments:

  1. I love this post-I feel like now I know so much more about you! And i'm totally with you on "moist"-it totally makes my skin crawl. A lot of "oi" words just sound gross. Oh and cucumbers soaked in evil is hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess moist pickles would really skeeve you out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, man! I can't believe you tagged me on this. UGH. At least I'm guessing I'm the "Terry" you're referring to. If not, please let me know quickly!! Of course, it will be soooo difficult to come up with 7 quirks . . . *snort*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry you are the "Terry" I was referring to!

    Jen...just the thought of that makes me feel nauseous!

    ReplyDelete