Friday, November 21, 2008

Disappointment

For my birthday my friend Amy gave me the first two books in the Twilight Series. I had heard about the books, but really a story of a girl who fall in love with a vampire didn't appeal to me. I started to read the books and became OBSESSED! I'm not a huge reader, though as I get older I'm enjoying it more and more. I LOVE them!! I devoured the books! I couldn't get enough of them, and once I finished the 4th book I felt like I was saying goodbye to some good friends on mine (sad, I know).

I have been excited to see the Twilight movie, even though I thought the trailer looked horrible. I figured the movie would still be ok, though I still had low expectations. I went to see it tonight. I was extremely disappointed. I feel like I would've been very confused if I hadn't read the books. They barely developed Bella and Edward's relationship. I'm sad that I spent money and a Friday night on that...though luckily I had discounted tickets and fun friends to see it with!

I do have to admit that as much as I disliked this movie...I'm sure I'll see the other 3 because of my love for the books.

2 comments:

  1. I dreamed about Bella and Edward. All. Night.

    It was like my brain finally had faces to put to the characters so I had to dream ALL FOUR BOOKS all the way through. As great as the books were, the dreams were exhausting.

    You're right, the movie wasn't that great. It was a fun date though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT THE FREAKIN' THIRD BOOK! I WANT IT NOOOOOOOOW!

    ReplyDelete