Saturday, October 4, 2008

Gone Swimming...

Yep, swim...or should I say drown is what my cell phone did this afternoon. I was laying on the couch extremely content reading my amazing book when my cell phone slid off my lap and landed IN MY GLASS OF WATER!!!! What are the chances?! I immediately grabbed it, took out the battery and grabbed a towel and my hair dryer. I dried it the best I could and then blasted it with the hair dryer, on the cool setting because I didn't think the heat would be a good thing. Once I thought it was as dry as I could get it I put it back together...I saw the verizon logo...but then blackness. I went online to see what they said about saving a wet phone and all the sites said DO NOT USE A HAIRDRYER...oops.

What was my next thought?! I should call...oh wait...my phone is DEAD I can't all ANYONE! So I drove to my friend Amy's house to show her. We decided I should take it to Verizon and see what they say.
To make a long story short, the woman at verizon said I could either pay $50 to get the same phone (which I hated) replaced or do my upgrade early where I would get the sale price on any phone, but I would lose the $50 rebate they give you. So basically I would be out $50 either way. I decided to go look for a new phone.

I was torn between the Samsung Glyde and the LG enV2...but I let money make my decision and I now have the Samsung Glyde. Its a touch screen with a full QWERTY keyboard...2 things that I have never had in a phone. The enV2 doesn't have the touch screen...but it has the QWERTY keyboard. Right now I don't know how I feel about the touch screen. I like it, but I have also gotten very frustrated with it today...and accidentally started calling people! OOPS! I have 30 days to return the phone if I don't like it...in which case I will save the few extra bucks and get the enV2.
Here is a picture of the Samsung Glyde:
And the LG enV2:

If you have either of these phones and have some knowledge on which to stick with...I would love to hear it!

Lesson learned today: Don't drink water and have a cell phone near by!

4 comments:

  1. I dropped a phone in the sink while I was washing dishes once and totally fried it. Shame. One tip with the touchscreen-I found it totally annoying because my cheek would do weird things while I was on the phone but I discovered that there's an option to have the touchscreen disabled while you're on a call or at other times. So, check out the preference menus-that helped me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually just discovered that! I was on the phone with a friend who kept telling me to stop pushing buttons...and I locked the screen and it stopped it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had the previous version of the lg env and loved it. it's a solid phone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dropped my phone in a pedicure basin... and they dried it in the towel warmer! It worked for another 2 weeks!

    Anyway! I love love LOVE LOVE my env2. It's wonderlicious.

    Call me, and I'll tell you all about it... OH WAIT! You can't!

    ReplyDelete