Sunday, December 21, 2008

Knitting...Sleepover...and Jokes

S, O, and I had a sleepover last night and we had a lot of fun!

Yesterday afternoon the boys mom called me to "warn me about what I was walking into." S was determined to learn how to knit while he was here. It was perfect timing when she called because I was at the craft store, so I was able to pick up some knitting needles and yarn.

We started the night off watching The Polar Express...my favorite Christmas story. We turned it off because it was a little scary. Instead we watched Charlie Brown Christmas, and the knitting lessons began. S is holding his own. O is all over the place, but I expected that. We'll see if we ever get a completed scarf. We had popcorn and hot chocolate and watch the first drive of the Ravens/Cowboys game (GO RAVENS!!!)

The boys got into their jammies and we read The Polar Express since we didn't finish the movie. The boys slept on the floor in my room. Once I put them down O came out and said we had this conversation:

O:"S keeps blowing his nose and all the music won't come out."
Me:"Music?"
We both thought for a moment
Me: "You mean mucus?"
O: "Oh yeah, that's what I meant"

This morning we got up and headed to church. The boys were excited to see some of my friends that they both adore. I took O to his class, but S really wanted to stay with me for the high school service, so I let him. After church we went to Qdoba with Amy, Christopher and Hannah. The boys were telling each other jokes. The favorite seemed to be:

"What did the man say to the turtle?"
"HEY did you just shush me?!" 

A little later I heard
"What did Willis McGahee say to Todd Heap?"
"HEY did you just shush me?!"

I don't know where that joke came from, but at least these boys have been taught well to know their Ravens players!!

It was a fun weekend. I wish I had pictures to post, but my hands were tied up in yarn...but here are some great ones from the other week that I never posted. S and O's dad is a Redskins fan so I bought them Ravens jerseys for the Redskins/Ravens game! :)

2 comments:

  1. SO cute Erin! Good pics and great jokes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "What did the checker say to the chicken?"
    "Go across the road."
    "Boo!"
    "HEY! Did you just shush me?!"

    ReplyDelete